I’m told you cannot wear white after Labor Day (Here’s why). However, I was born in Florida, so your cold-weather rules do not apply. White shirt, beige shorts, and sandals on September 6th! For those of you in the North, winter is…ahem, summer is ending.
With school back in session and vacations completed for a spell, we sit down now for a credit union tradition: Annual Planning. How can we make 2017 an even better year than this one? Breaking records left and right, 2016 is going to be a tough act to follow. What did we learn in these past months to prepare us for the challenge?
Let’s look back at some of the posts you may have missed during the “dog days”:
- Pictures Put Your Brain On Turbo: Words are slow. Pictures are 60,000 times faster. Just use the right ones.
- 5 Things I Learned After Buying A House: 6) Everything takes longer and costs more.
- Billions of $$ for Data? You Bet!: Some might say Big Data is the future. They’re wrong. It’s the present.
- Ransomware: What is it and should you be concerned?: That’s a nice server you’ve got there. Be a shame if something would happen to it. Honorable mention for “Summer’s Most Terrifying Post”.
- Give Your Card A Security Update: We have the technology. We can rebuild him. Faster. Stronger. More secure.
- 78% of All Websites Link Here: The most fun you can have with statistics outside of NASA. Winner of “Summer’s Most Factually Inaccurate Post” made-up award.
- Be Your Member’s Favorite Stalk…ahem, Tracker!: Updated with response from Coastal CU.
- Millennials (And More) In A Time Machine: Step into the quantum leap accelerator, accelerate to 88mph, or find your nearest police box.
Wow, that’s a lot for the summer doldrums! How many of those posts did you read? Maybe this is a good time to assess my publishing schedule. My favorite blog (no, it’s not my own) Wait But Why posts every sometimes. Is that too often? Let me know in the comments, and also, which was your favorite?
Thanks for your readership and support for nearly 2 years of geeking out!
Image credit: http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/pictures/30000/velka/hat-and-flip-flops-on-the-beach.jpg